A little bit about me...

I am a second degree seeking student at the University of South Alabama. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from 2003. I am currently seeking a second Bachelors, senior status, in Special Education. My desire to seek a second degree is to assure each child has an advocate and to become more involved with the needs of my own special needs six year old boy. I have been in the Alabama Educational System since 2003. I taught one year in Conecuh County at Lyeffion Jr. High School under the administration of Diana Lyons, 2003-2004. I taught one year in the Monroe County School System at Monroeville Junior High under the administration of Lana Wilson, 2004-2005. I am currently in the Mobile County System and have been since 2007. I currently work under Title 1 and currently under the administration of Joe Toomey.

Technology in My Classroom

I was not born in a technological era but I was definitely raised into a generation that found technology essential for survival. Currently I own a PC and an I phone both of which I can not function a day without. I began to type papers as early as Middle School. At that time, typewriters were the dominant means to complete a typed document. Three years later, computers completely dominated the scene and a desktop was of high demand. Now, computers are in the form of phones and pads. I am able to manage anything from the click of my phone. I am extremely knowledgeable of all Microsoft programs, blogging, wiki, Google doc's, Google Earth, Time-toast, Picasso picture editing, social networks etc. I feel in some form, all of these can be and will be incorporated into my classroom. Blogging promotes writing, the expression of ideas and thoughts while promoting a sense of personal importance for my students. Google Earth enables students to explore the world, dream locations, and a electronic trip to these destinations. Case in point, my brother is stationed in Hawaii. My sister in law has visited him twice and she would always tell us how the plan is above the Pacific Ocean two hours of the 13 hour flight. Amazingly, during my Google Earth project I was actually able to view the large body of water that separates Hawaii from the rest of the world. The visual graphics were awesome and seeing as how I am 29 years of age and delighted in the experience; just imagine what that experience can do for students during their primary years. I personally testify to how electronics have grown over the past ten years. Technological growth will continue to enhance and we as an educational system must except the growth and jump on board with evolution. Technology will be the avenue for educational growth. It will be an extreme area of interest and I promote the intake of technology into educational curriculum.