A little bit about me...

I am a second degree seeking student at the University of South Alabama. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from 2003. I am currently seeking a second Bachelors, senior status, in Special Education. My desire to seek a second degree is to assure each child has an advocate and to become more involved with the needs of my own special needs six year old boy. I have been in the Alabama Educational System since 2003. I taught one year in Conecuh County at Lyeffion Jr. High School under the administration of Diana Lyons, 2003-2004. I taught one year in the Monroe County School System at Monroeville Junior High under the administration of Lana Wilson, 2004-2005. I am currently in the Mobile County System and have been since 2007. I currently work under Title 1 and currently under the administration of Joe Toomey.

In Relation to My Surroundings

As a educator I relate to the youth simply because it was not that long ago to which I was a youth. I recall the academic endeavors I experienced with pleasure and I recall those not so pleasant. I reflect on the teachers that made a difference in my academic career but I also reflect on the teachers that made my academic experience quite indifferent. I communicate with my students and their parents continuously. As a parent, I relate to the parents concerns. I am open for any means of communication whether it is via phone, e-mail, Skype, face book, text messaging, or twitter. I am also open to spontaneous visit on my planning time and after school hours. The common goal is the success of my students and I do all necessary to assure just that. In the mist of communicating well with my students/parents; I will communicate effectively with the faculty and staff to assure an conducive academic environment is held.